Monday 29 November 2010

A Whole Weekend of Vintage Loveliness

The Vintage and Handmade Fairs in Chipping Sodbury are always a highlight in my calendar, with dates pencilled in months in advance so I won't miss them! As each one approaches I become like a child at Christmas, to the point where Mr Treasure is relieved when the fair days arrive so I can go wild in the vintage aisles and get it out of my system (until the next one!)

At about 7.30am yesterday morning, Mr Treasure and I headed to Chipping Sodbury, coats firmly done up and the car heating on full blast. Nope, I hadn't taken my Fair obsession to new heights and decided to huddle in a sleeping bag outside the hall to wait the fair to open...we were taking a car packed with Textile Treasure Seeker goodies and experiencing the Fair from a stallholder's point of view! Having always loved visiting the Fair, I was indeed very honoured when I was asked to be part of it!

There was a flurry of activity first thing as everyone unloaded their cars, brought in bags and boxes stuffed with vintage treasures and set up their stalls. One of the things I love most about the Vintage and Handmade Fairs (apart from all the gorgeous vintage goodies on offer) is the warm and friendly atmosphere. It's fabulous catching up with the friends I've made, as well as making new ones!

For the first time ever, I managed to set up my stall for a fair with time to spare before the doors opened! Big achievement...and also great because I could have a quick wander about to see all the other stalls (and make a few purchases along the way)! Here's a peek at some of the stalls in the main hall (unfortunately, I didn't manage to take any in the other rooms as I had to dash back to the Textile Treasure Seeker table of offerings as the fair opened).

treutmade

HenHouse

Hen makes the prettiest cushions from vintage fabric. I was particularly drawn to the bobble trim on these little gorgeous ones.

HenHouse

Lucy Bloom

There's always so much to see on Lucy's stall, I have to go back several times to see everything! I did another fair over the summer, which Lucy was also at...by the time I'd unpacked my first box, got in a complete pickle with what went where and tripped over several other boxes, Lucy and Jayne had calmly and swiftly set up their stall and were having a sit down, looking very serene. From that day on, I've always had 'unpacking stall envy' whenever I see them and dream of being as efficient and organised as them!

Charlotte Macey Textiles

There's something wonderful about vintage Christmas decorations, I just can't get enough of them. I think it's the combination of bright colours, great shapes and the feeling of nostalgia I get every time I see any. I'm definitely beginning to feel the Christmas spirit creeping up on me now!

Country Cottage Chic

Country Cottage Chic

Cowboys and Custard


Hen's Teeth

I could have happily bought everything on Viv's stall! She's so talented.

Nostalgia at the Stone House

Every time I see Niki's stall at a fair, I look longingly at the beautiful dolls she makes and vow that one day I'll give one a home. Imagine my joy yesterday when Mr Treasure said I could have one as a Christmas present! I'm supposed to be trying to forget about her so I can act all surprised on Christmas Day, but it's not working so far (only 26 days to go)!

It really was a fabulous day. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Michele and Jayne for organising yet another fabulous fair!

And there's more...

With all the excitement of yesterday, I mustn't forget to tell you about the Cotswold Vintage Fair that I was at on Saturday too. It really has been a weekend of vintage loveliness!

Here's my stall, complete with a bit of the outdoors brought in, in the form of the 'tree' that I hung my handmade decorations on (an idea I'd seen and admired in this month's Country Living magazine!)

Here are just some of my Textile Treasure Seeker originals that I took to sell at the fair. I took a few snaps of some of the other stalls and the goodies on offer at the fair too...


Kate and Lexy's Vintage

It was really lovely to meet Kate and Lexy. They've just started out selling vintage, as well as their own fabulous designs, and this was their first ever fair.

Rosablue


Hesta Nesta

Hesta Nesta

Vicky Loves Vintage

Original handmade Textile Treasure Seeker goodies coming to Blogland...
For those who couldn't make it to the vintage fairs, or for anyone looking to do a spot of Christmas shopping from the comfort of their favourite chair, I'm going to be posting some of my designs here for sale over the next week. Watch this space..!

15 comments:

Hen said...

Hi Katie,

It was lovely to see you and Mr T (!) It was indeed a fab fair and lucky you to have had two great vintage fairs in one weekend. I love that quilt of Hesta Nesta. Once again, congrats on your wonderful news, can't wait to meet mini Treasure next year... Have a lovely Christmas.
Hen xxx

Country Cottage Chic said...

It was lovely to have you & the delightful Mr Treasure at our fair! So pleased you enjoyed it & looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Jayne
x

salty pebble said...

love all the images from the fair- you all had such wonderful vintage delights ;0)...hope to go next year ;0)

Niki Fretwell said...

Lovely to see you both on Sunday...and thank you again for buying one of my dolls...Ooops, sorry, you're trying to forget about her for now...but I did think it was very sweet of your hubby ;-))

You must be exhausted doing two fairs in one weekend...and carrying a little passenger around with you all day too! Wishing you every happiness when you settle into family life...It’s the best!

Niki x

Tonia said...

So glad you had a great time at both fairs - don't know how you do it, I was fit for nothing on the Sunday!

Daisy said...

All looked lovely as usual. Wish I could have been then. Thanks for sharing the photos with us.
Daisy x

dls said...

What fun you must of had at the Fair. I'm envious .... would love to attend a vintage fair!

I really like the collage you have put together for your blog header. Very pretty.

Best regards from another lover of vintage!

*Susycottage* said...

What a wonderful show, I was there in May.
Congratulations on your bench, I hope to meet you
next year. Hello Susy

Purrfect Haven said...

It was really lovely to meet you and Nat at the Chipping Sodbury Sale. I was over excited to be honest, surrounded by all the lovely things! I love the jug I bought from you and the furry boys have already stuck their noses (and tongues) in it! Great photos of the day, because I didn't take any. Love Helen x

BusyLizzie said...

Super photos Katie. Good to see you looking so well. I have put the barbola candlesticks that i bought from you in pride of place on my dresser in the hallway... they match the barbola mirror I have there, so it was meant to be! xx

Corinne Phillips said...

Great to see you on Sunday. I had my eye on those vintage sewing boxes too!! Corinne x

Sarah said...

We were there at both fairs too - infact you may remember us - my son bought the set of Famous Five books from you at the fair on Saturday! Hope you weren't too tired on Monday after a hectic weekend!
x

A Bun Can Dance said...

Hello Dear
The vision of you and Mr T dashing in and out of the shops made me smile! I hope you've picked up the presents you were heading for and not some other random items!!
How've you got on with the snow and frosty world? It has been pretty here, but tricky to drive out when the ice was around so I was housebound with my sewing machine - not much of a trial is it? But today the frost has melted and we've even got blue sky and sunshine!
Happy days to you both,
D x

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

Hello Katie..
Sorry this is so late in arriving.. last week was manic here and there was no time to reflect on the fair but now reading your blog it has all come back to me. It was lovely to welcome you on board the V & H ship and we look forward to seeing you and your dearly beloved and little helper in April.
Love
Michele xx

Perpetual Vintage said...

It's us!!Can't believe I've only just found this but yey!!