Thursday 27 May 2010

If I Could Live in a Shop I'd Choose...


This is the fabulous Rosablue on the Bath Road in Cheltenham. It's run by the lovely Penny, who has a great eye for gorgeous things.

My eyes won't stop darting about whenever I go in - there's so much to look at (and drool over!) Here's a little tour of what I discovered on my last visit...






There's the most wonderful smell of lavender in the shop. It's so relaxing...

...if the smell makes you sleepy, there's a gorgeous selection of pyjamas and vintage eiderdowns for sale. I'm sure Penny wouldn't mind if you curled up in a Roasblue deckchair for a quick nap!

Rosablue sells all sorts of must have things for our homes, made from the fabrics that are created at The Fabric Press (by her husband, Luca)...everything from doorstops and notice boards, to make up bags, totes and these rather splendid tea towels and peg bags.

I love going into the shop for a mooch and a chat with Penny. We usually natter about fairs we've been to, blogs we've read and Julie Arkell (whose work we both love. We're desperate to go on one of Julie's courses too! Go on Penny, get Julie to come to Cheltenham!)

Penny's been wonderful with advice since I started the 'Textile Treasure Seeker' label and my line of vintage-inspired fripperies. I'm so grateful to her for the tips and ideas she's given me.

(little fanfare) I'm also over the moon to be able to announce that my vintage fabric badges are on sale in the shop. Woo hoo! It's so exciting to see something you've made in a shop window!

Here's hoping they sell out really quickly so I can have fun making some more!

13 comments:

Clare said...

Oooh if only it was nearer! However maybe its a good thing for my purse its not!

Emma said...

I love your badges and I live near Cheltenham, so I might be buying one and paying the shopa visit!
Emma
:)

A Bun Can Dance said...

Hello dear Katie
Beautiful badges :-)
What a gorgeous shop, just the kind to be locked inside after hours - what fun it would be to play with all those vintage goodies!
I hope all is well at Treasure Towers. I shall be off now to send you an email.....
D x

The fabric of my life said...

What a beautiful shop Katie, I'll come and live in it with you :-)

Your badges are gorgeous, I want to buy one!

petals and vintage said...

Definately, looks like my kind of shop. Beautiful.
Pam

Unknown said...

Wow, they're awesome Katie!

Melissa said...

it would be the end of me that shop if i was closer...how do you ever leave empty handed???
and your badges are gorgeous- perfect for postage!! will have to look into this!
melissa x

Unknown said...

Lovely shop with lots of delights but hell to dust aaagh! Good selling luck; Linda

The Vintage Knitter said...

Rosa Blue is just down the road from me and is one of my favourite local shops; I always come out of there with my creative side rejuvenated.

Em said...

Hello, just found your blog, which is fab.
I too would love to live in that shop..x

Julie said...

I wish that shop was here...I love the fabrics I see and the lint. You have such cute badges!!

Ticking stripes said...

Lovely post. I think there may be another Julie Arkell course next year at the same place as this years - I'll let you know when I get dates.

Purrfect Haven said...

yep, I can see why ... just have a spot of tea and cake available and it why leave (ever). Love Helen www.happinesskindled.blogspot.com