Sunday 25 March 2012

Vintage Jumble Fun

I had a wonderful day yesterday, with a stall at the Vintage Jumble in Rangeworthy. The sun shone, lots of people came along and it was, as ever, great to see so many familiar faces and catch up with friends.

There was no mistaking where the Vintage Jumble was taking place! The patriotic bunting looked fabulous flapping in the sunny breeze.

I haven't been to the Vintage Jumble before so had no idea what to expect. As soon as the doors opened there was a flurry of activity as eager bargain hunters arrived to rummage amongst the treasure. Here's just a taster of some of the vintage loveliness waiting to be discovered...






With so many fabulous things on offer at the jumble, it wasn't surprising that I came home with a few bits and pieces myself! 'Dolly Stores' for Little Treasure (complete with pretend packets of food), fabric, vintage birthday cards, a cuckoo clock, a hat box, some fabric, a 1957 copy of Woman's Weekly and a page from a calendar with a rather nice picture and rhyme on it. An exciting stash I thought!

Here's a closer look at the birthday cards I bought. I think my favourite's the one with the penguin on it!

A big thank you to Michele and Jayne for a fabulously fun and vintage jumble!

3 comments:

Murgatroyd said...

Glad you had a good day M'dear. Love that teeny cuckoo clock (and the shop, and the cards, and the hat box...)

Ali @ Betty and Violet said...

Lovely to see you at the weekend Katie ~ I love the little dolly stores ~ perfect for your Little Treasure (and mummy too!)
Ali x

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Love those little cards - looks like a great event.
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger