Monday 4 January 2010

New Year, New Adventures

Happy New Year everyone! So, here it is, the start of a new decade. Who knows what it'll have in store? Ten is my favourite number, so I think this year may well be a good one! Mr Treasure and I decided that just this once, we'd spend New Year's Eve at home, just the two of us (plus the moggies, of course).

Mr Treasure cooked a lovely three course dinner, we drank champers, watched a film and tucked into some of the yummiest chocolates I've ever had.

Violet creams, chocolate gingers, lemon and gin truffles....mmmmm!

The London fireworks were spectacular (from the warmth of our lounge!)

I can't believe it's ten years since we welcomed in the new millennium on the banks of the River Thames, just down from the Houses of Parliament. I'll never forget the fireworks that night. They went on for what seemed like an absolute age and the noise was phenomenal...it really was breathtaking. The transport in London was free that night, but there were so many people using it, we decided to walk back to Earl's Court (where we were staying). It took us about two hours, but we were so caught up in the fun of it all we didn't notice. I just remember everyone shouting "Happy New Year" as we walked along the champagne cork covered roads. I've never seen so many champagne corks in one place!

It's now time to take the Christmas cards and decorations down, so we'll be finding out all the boxes again tonight. Before everything's packed away, I thought I'd share this vintagey Christmas card with you. It was handmade by my very talented Mum! Fabric, paints, beads and lace all went into its creation and the design is taken from an old Christmas card from when Mum was little.

Here's to a wonderful 2010!

2 comments:

A Bun Can Dance said...

Happy New Year Katie!
Your New Years Eve sounds absolutely perfect - and how do you manage to have all the very best chocolates in your house??
Like you I cannot believe that ten years have slipped by since the Millennium - crikey, that is scary. I'd quite like the next ten years to slow down a little...
A letter is on its way to you, at last!
Have a very good first week back to work,
Happy days,
Denise x

Country Cottage Chic said...

A Happy New Year to you Katie!

Jayne