Sunday 20 September 2009

Car Boot Bonanza

My Auntie Lin's always regaling us with exciting tales of visits to her local car boot sales. There's no end to the treasure that she can find! So, with the promise of not one, but two huge boot sales, we de-camped to her house for the weekend...

I don't think I've ever had so much fun at car boots! I found all sorts of things...two old suitcases (£1 each...now that's what I call a bargain!), some vintage tea plates, table linen and haberdashery, a 'town' made from wooden blocks and shapes (for entertaining friends' children when they come to visit...oh, who am I trying to kid? I love wooden toys!) and an old Kiwi polish shoe shining box. Lin also found a book of reproduction vintage postcards for me and presented it to me half way round the first boot sale.

I couldn't resist building the whole 'town' as soon as we got home!

One of Lin's car boot traditions is freshly made doughnuts and a cup of tea. We were, of course, duty bound to adhere to such things!

Yummy! Let's not think about how much sugar was on them!

Rather than forage around the boot sales, Dad decided to stay at home and keep Lin's dog, Alan, company. The two of them have become rather firm friends!

We rounded off our trip away by taking Alan for his walk across the nearby fields. The gang's all here (from left to right): Mr Treasure, Dad, Mum, Lin and Alan...

...I couldn't resist jumping for joy at all the fun we've had!

4 comments:

Country Cottage Chic said...

Great finds! Tea & doughnuts sounds like a great tradition to keep!

Jayne

A Bun Can Dance said...

Hello Katie
Happy Monday to you! I love the exuberant image of you jumping for joy, and I'm not surprised having seen your amazing BARGAINS - just where are these car boot sales???!!!
Like you I am starting to consider subject matter for our letter swap... so exciting!
Happy days
Denise x

The fabric of my life said...

Wonderful finds Katie, well done you :-) Lovely to see the whole gang too. Looking forward to seeing you, very soon now!

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hi Katie
What a great time you've had. Most envious with the suitcase purchases for £1 each!!! I have been looking out for some at boot fairs but have not been luck yet. Going this Sunday, so fingers crossed.
I like the tea plates too.
Isabelle x