Tuesday 16 June 2009

Best of British

One of the great things I've found about blogging (apart from all the lovely people who follow my ramblings, post comments or just pop by, for which I am eternally grateful), is that I've started to look at the world through different eyes.  I'm always searching for things I can write about and as a result I think I'm noticing the world around me a lot more. There's inspiration to be found everywhere...this week it's Rule Britannia and happy birthday to an old time favourite.

Carnaby Street was awash with Union Jacks and the sounds of the sixties over the weekend. We just happened to stumble into all the festivities, which were part of the 'Swinging Carnaby' celebrations, after a trip to my favourite shop in all the world - Liberty. I just loved this jacket that I found outside a shop called 'The Face'! (Perhaps more about my Liberty visit next week)

(As I sit here writing this, Mr Treasure has just come in and given me a glorious bar of Bournville chocolate...I'm so glad I married him!!)

Now, talking of all things enduringly British, is anyone else out there a fan of the Marks and Spencer 125 years window displays that have popped up over the last month or so?

They really appeal to my love of all things vintage...

...and who could resist afternoon tea if what was on offer looked this good?!

It was no good...I couldn't leave this wonderfully vintage-inspired dress in the shop and just had to buy it so I could wear a piece of M&S history all summer long. Happy Birthday M&S!

(Oooops! All the Bournville appears to have gone...)

6 comments:

BusyLizzie said...

fab dress! Very tempting... I could even break my "always wear vintage" rule for that one.
Lizzie x

The fabric of my life said...

I took photos of our local M&S too as I love the way it looks. The inside is all festooned with bunting, so pretty.

Love the dress.

Good old Mr Treasure he knows the way to your heart ;-)

Teena Vallerine said...

I have to make a trip to M&S! Yum! t.x

Cowboys and Custard Mercantile said...

I haven't ventured in to town for some time but I will make a special trip just to see M & S in all it's finery... I do love vintage packaging and graphics.

I hope you saved a square of Bourneville for Mr Treasure?

Michele x

Beki said...

Just found out we're partners for the sleepover swap so I thought i'd pop over and say 'hi'!
Beki xxx

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

Hi Katie

I love the M&S display and the dress!!! We doo have the same taste when it comes to bunnies and clothing! :-)
Isabelle x